But we believe that, before you apply for membership, it’s important for your organisation and ours to find a common platform through dialogue. The process of becoming a member may therefore take a while. Once we have received your application our Board will review it and the final decision will be made at SMC’s Annual Meeting.
If your organisation is interested in becoming a member of SMC, please contact our Secretary General Anders Malmstigen.
Only Swedish organisations are entitled to be members of SMC and the following criteria must be met:
- You must embrace SMC’s core values and support our mission.
- Your organisation must have a democratic approach, popular support and documented international cooperation from at least five years of development work.
- You should be actively involved in SMC’s activities, which means participating in meetings and being part of networks, committees and the Board.
- All members must comply with the special requirements with respect to funds distribution where applicable.
- You must pay a membership fee.